A+ 601 OOPS

Discussion in 'A+' started by spy22, Oct 6, 2007.

1. spy22

spy22 Byte Poster

hi all, im new here and in need of some advice please, i felt that my revision and studying was goin well so put in for my comptia a+ essentials to which i was completely stumped and failed! i have bought the mike meyers and kept head up but now approaching my 2nd attempt i am very nervous as i dont really know how to effectively revise.

i think i went wrong by learning the answers to the transcender exams rather than find out why they are the answers? i feel as confident as i did before but dont want to get stumped again!

Certifications: Its who you know not what you know!!!
    WIP: CCNA?
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

sorry to hear that

But I think you're right, find out why the answers are correct and understand the concepts then you should pass, be aware you wont get asked the same questions the next time there will be variations in there.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

You are correct in your assessment. Practice exams are great... but you can't expect to memorize the answers to those questions and expect to pass. You need to learn the concepts... not just memorize a bunch of stuff. Read through the explanations they provide... don't just learn the right answer... know WHY the right answer is right... AND why the wrong answers are wrong.

Best of luck on your next attempt!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!