A+ 2003 OS exam tomorrow

Discussion in 'A+' started by derkit, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Good luck with it mate, i actually found the hardware one easier, but everyones different:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No, no coincidence. They are the same engine. And... mostly the same questions.

Are you saying that Transcender and Self Test's questions showed up on the live exam? I can tell you with authority that they were not, because Transcender and Self Test create unique questions that are NOT exactly like the live exam.

Or are you saying that other prep tools besides Transcender and Self Test are just like the live exam? If that's what you're saying, then you've figured out what a braindump is, and you shouldn't use those to prepare for the live exam. Using them is no different than looking at a professor's final exam in his or her desk, and doing so can get you decertified.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hmmm with all those study aids - you must of spent a fortune!:biggrin

Self Test - are they like Transcender?:blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. BosonMichael

Yes. Owned by the same company (Kaplan), and worked on by the same employees. At least, that's how it was when I was there.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Not much - as I said most are from work so about £40 on books, another $80 on self test and £200 (regretably) on CATS A+ CDs.
    The only purchase I'd change is the CATS CDs

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

So they are not BD's?

This is taken from their Website :-

Pass the exam guarantee How can they guarantee you'll pass:dry Sounds like BD's8)

8. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Then I shall bow down to a great authority - as you worked there :)

Braindumps - I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole for a oil tanker - I want to show myself (let alone any one else!) that I can and did this and other courses on my own merit. I understand how much it devalues the qualification - I wouldn't have spent the last 6 months and god knows how many hours revising if I could just cheat. :mad

9. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Thanks sparky :)
    My good lady is buying a meal out tonight as a result of my success, so I shall drink and be merry :alc

10. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

The Cats CD's is this the one with Dave Abel? the Compnay has changed to Time4Learning.8)

11. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

just done a quick google and yes it is

I'm not saying everything he does is like this - it was nothing but my review on the product.

12. BosonMichael

I created questions from scratch. Transcender/Self Test guarantees you'll pass because they're confident in the quality of their product.

By the way, although Kaplan offers a guarantee with both Transcender and Self Test, the site you linked is neither Kaplan's, Transcender's, nor STS's Web site.

13. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Do they give you a refund if you use there product and you don't pass???:blink

14. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

I thought the study material was dated seemed 2001 objectives. Although they did provide an upgrade CD free:biggrin

But the training videos were 1st class, easy to understand, clear and concise.

Anyway, go have some fun derkit, you've earned it, well done for passing.

:thumbleft :alc :slidedrin :beers2 :smilescol

15. BosonMichael

Yes. Isn't that what a Don't Pass Guarantee is? :)

The guarantee claim rate was quite small - at least, it used to be, back in the old Transcender days when I was privy to such information.

16. BosonMichael

UCM, also be sure to see my above comment - the site you linked isn't Kaplan's site, nor is it Transcender's or Self Test's.

17. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations!

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  18. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Good stuff mate, well done!

Hope you had a good night celebrating! :D

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  19. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Oh SH$t!!! I googled with the keywords and that's what came up:oops:

20. Morne Louw

Morne Louw Byte Poster

well done man on to the next

Certifications: ECDL, OCN Level 2 HTML, A+,MCDST,70-270
    WIP: MCSA/MCSE