8 years ago today...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

I know of only one person (real world) who met his wife on the Internet. A work colleague of mine from way back. We used to work at DEC together and handle support calls. When idle, we'd surf the web. He met and later married an american woman - a stripper!! It lasted a few years, he got his green card, and they split up.. apparently she was playing away from home...

ah well, you win some, you lose some...

he always did want to live in the states... :p

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Perhaps he found my ex-girlfriend. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I also met my wife online a good few years ago now! in an MSN chat room if i recall correctly lol
    grats to you BBM, im a firm believer that if you want to find the person you will spend your life with you often have to look outside your own back yard, the internet facilitates such interaction! :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I went the old-fashioned way and met my gf at Cardiff Students Union. I've never even come close to striking up a romantic relationship online. You never know if your going to end up with a right dog.:twisted: (j/k). My next door neighbour met his wife online though. She's from Delaware or somewhere like that.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  5. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

S'funny but i knew some right dogs who went to Cardiff Students Union!! lol

Beginnig to wonder if anyone on here knows my ex wife. She was very handy with a hairbrush on MSN apparently.. its how she started her affairs. Fella she's with now tho she met at work! That was 10 years of my live wasted!... still i've had 3 very happy ones since with my current g/f and we plan to keep it that way, along with a bunch of our friends from online (2 lots of couples have married!)

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Congrats BBM!

I also have friends living just up the road that met and are now married after meeting in an Internet chat room. She is an Aussie and he is Danish, so they would never have met in the real world.

I met my wife whilst she was holidaying in London in 1991. Got married in 1995 and made plans to move back to her old stomping ground ie The Gold Coast. Fate was certainly shining on me the day she walked into my life 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)