70-680 study begins

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by shadowwebs, Jul 10, 2012.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I have the MS Press Book for the 70-680, and I also have the Professor Messer video's available to get me through the studying for the 70-680... will this be the best bet to get me to the exam to become MCP before taking the second exam to become MCITP?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi,

yes, should be enough prep. Although everyone has different needs when it comes to home-study but I'd go for it with this and see how you progress.

And, BTW, it's an MCTS, not an MCP...

HTH.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and don't forget - it's good to practice, so have lab setup ready, either a physical PC that you can fiddle with or a VM setup...

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  3. shadowwebs

ah ok, didnt realise it went down the MCTS rather than MCP route... thanks for that.

I have Oracle Virtual Box setup and some ISO's to keep me going for wherever I need to install/upgrade/configure etc

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  4. shadowwebs

Trying to work out how much time to fit in, felt easier when I was fitting time in for the A+, am sure I will find the odd hour somewhere :)

5. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

That's the thing with self-study, isn't it?
    I wouldn't try to do more than an hour and a half in any one day but more like 45 mins at a time if poss.

Good luck with it. I'm sure once you get started it'll get you into the mood and by then the time will fly by and it'll be exam-time again..!

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  6. subliminalsmurf

subliminalsmurf Nibble Poster

Hopefully by the time you take the exam they'll have fixed it. ;)

You should walk it if you use the Messer vids along side Virtual box and making notes. It's important to know the command line tools pretty well. There's a fair bit of that in the book and such. Easy with practice.

Certifications: MCITP: Windows 7 Desktop Support Technician
    WIP: 70-686 - Started the same day as passing 680