70-680 exam

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by joe enock, Jan 25, 2012.

1. joe enock

joe enock New Member

can anyone help me with this exam i sat for this exam and failed i want to go for my resit any ideas what i can use to pass the exam. Any useful links very welcome. I passed my A+ and Network+ with easy but this exam is proving to be a difficult one thank you guys.

2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Microsoft Press book?
    Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft Certification Training - Has a w7 area
    The Good Computing Seal of Approval: Windows 7 Certification
    MCTS: 70-680

Enjoy 8) Good luck on your resit

EDIT: Just checking, you should use windows 7 and have 12-18 months experience before sitting the exam. It could be one of the reasons you're struggling with the content.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  3. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

What did your summary of Sectional Results show were your weakest areas?

Should give you an idea of what you need to go over again before the resit...

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

That's a difficult exam if you have no experience. I passed by the skin of my teeth a year ago with no commercial experience with W7.
    Local/group policy is where I lost significant marks, make sure you know the relevant AD/local policy options and you should be OK. Get a VM running with 2K8R2 and a test client running W7 Ent/Ult and lab until you have no friends (easy for me as I have none).

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job