70-625

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by techno, Jul 12, 2009.

1. techno

techno Bit Poster

Hello all,
    Has anyone done 70-625 Connected Home Integrator seems to be vista with WHS thrown in. Ive used WHS at my house and when i saw it i thought ohh i might do that. But of course theres no press books or anything so is it worth reading the 620 again and practising on whs?
    Chris

Certifications: MCTS X 4, MCITP Consumer Support
    WIP: 70-271, 70-272 im on a break
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hi techno, I haven't sat 625 sorry and I doubt many on here have for 2 reasons. 1) its not business related so unlikely to have any relevance to your career and 2) there are only 252 people in the whole world who have sat and passed this exam . . . . so study material is going to be rare/non existent sorry mate. Jim

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-overview.aspx#tab5

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. techno

techno Bit Poster

I see your point.
    But for where i am at the moment sorting solutions for customers who need help setting up media extenders etc. I just looked at the skills measured and it looks really easy. Im close to a exam center on the weekend commencing 31st and thinking about taking it. I was looking at doing 623 the book finally arrived.
    I kinda want to take 623 because i would become a MCITP but on the other hand i would like this cert.
    What shall i do?

4. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

To be honest, why not do both if you can? It sounds like the work you do is aimed at the consumer market instead of the business market. By doing both you'd be covering the client and servers aspects that the majority of people would have at home (apart from us IT Pro's/students studying to be an IT Pro, who would have the full version of a server, eg standard, Enterprise at home?).

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. techno

techno Bit Poster

Yes i plan to do both but do you mean both at the same time? Im not sure about doing both at same time would be cool. Dont get me wrong i dont plan to stay in this market for too long i do want to get in to the server side of things when im finished with this course starting September. Just got the bug for getting certified.
    So yeah thanks for your advice. When i was at the testing centre there was a guy who had just done one and went in for another same time as me. But there are both kind of related so they shouldn't be so different.

6. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I don't mean at the same time, I assumed that you were going to sit the 70-623 at the end of the month, hence:

As most college courses start at the end of September, and since you already do the WHS and media extensions, etc... Two months of proper studying should be ok.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. techno

techno Bit Poster

True true.
    So book 625 for the end of the month
    Then do 623 start of September.
    I really liked the 620 it had some wicked simulation questions.
    Anyone know of any discounts? paid £10 for my exam voucher but now the offers gone. best i can find is 15% off.
    Anyone know any better?
    Lost my prometric password need to phone them tomorrow.
    Chris

8. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

If you liked 620 you'll like 624 Vista & Office 07 deployment. I did :biggrin

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs