70-620 - Mcp?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Gav, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Hi all,

I'm hoping to sit the 70-620 soon (slightly off topic but if anyone wants to buy the MSPress book, I'll be selling it shortly :D). I'm curious as to what certifications I will get when passing it. Naturally, I know I'll get the MCTS certificate, but is it also an MCP? Will I get two certificates?

Thanks

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi,

The 70-620 is part of the MCP program, however it is not part of the MCP certification route, it is part of the newer MCTS route of certifications. If you pass the 70-620 you will only gain the MCTS credential, if you also want to gain the MCP credential, then you will have to do a cert on the older MCP track.

Hope this helps :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Kitkatninja

Here's the MS quote and link:

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  4. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for that info :)

Hopefully I'll do the MCDST afterwards which will earn me MCP when I complete 270 and MCDST when I complete 271. Am I right?

- Gav

5. Kitkatninja

Well the MCDST is made up of these two exams: 70-271 & 70-272, as soon as you pass one of them, you gain the MCP credential, pass the other one and you gain the MCDST credential.

If you want to complete the 70-270 exam, it doesn't give you another cred as with the above two passes you've already gained the MCP & MCDST cred.

-Ken

6. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Gav,

Are you in a hurry for Certifications. It's good to see you're keen to get on with things, but why not learn they stuff, and hold on with the certs (depending on what else exams you plan to go for).

Get employed, get some real life experience (this helps big time, especially when you know the theory behind it) and then blast the certs then...

Time is on yourside. Hell, who knows, your future employers may pay for them!
    btw: i'd hold onto the book, not just for collection purposes, but also for something to refer to if needbe