70-290 Passed!

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by stutheview, May 16, 2008.

1. stutheview

stutheview Byte Poster

Well after two weeks of solid cramming and revision I took the 70-290 today and passed with 871! I genuinely couldn't believe it, after clicking submit I waited biting my finger thinking, knowing and fearing that I'd failed. But when I saw the congratulations I was just stunned! :blink

I screwed up one of the sims royally and only did half of one of the others, and was convincing myself that either I had failed or it was a pass by a scrape.

Still can't really believe it!

I wanted to make sure that I passed before my missus pops the next sprog next month so I had used second shot, but won't need it now, thank goodness. So now I can take a short break and get everything ready in time for the next arrival.

Then on to 291!! :ohmy

But tonight a few beers I think!!

:alc

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 70-270 70-290
    WIP: 70-291
  2. ryanthelion84

ryanthelion84 Nibble Poster

Well done dude!!

Makes me feel better! I've been preparing to fail this one despite all the hard work ive put in studying and revising for it! Maybe the actual exams arent as bad as all the crap we put ourselves through before hand!!:D

Certifications: 70-290, PRINCEII Practioner, ITIL V3F
    WIP: VMWare ESX VCP
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats on the pass mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Kwak

Kwak Bit Poster

Congrats on the 290 pass and the upcoming babeee~!!! 8)

Certifications: MCDST, MCTS
    WIP: MCITP->MCSA
  5. Corsair

Corsair Nibble Poster

Congrats!!!

Certifications: MCSA, MCTS, Security+, Network+
    WIP: CCNA
  6. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

nice score

how sims did you have in all ?

7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  8. stutheview

stutheview Byte Poster

Thanks for the congrats everyone!

Hi Ence, I had 6 sims in all. I left them to the end which seemed to help. They seemed to be in batches of three the first about mid-way and the other batch near the end.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 70-270 70-290
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Careful with the info... you signed a non-disclosure agreement before you took the exam, right? :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

^ you joking right ! I ask number of sims not what were the sims he had. I was wounding as I had 5 sims if there was more then 5 I did post other day.

-------
    thanks stutheview

11. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Aye, you are alright. 8)

I did see an article about what you can and cannot discuss in regard to the NDA and number of questions etc. is ok. Actual exam content is not ok.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  12. BosonMichael

No, not joking at all. Hey, I'm not the NDA police... just trying to warn you of what Microsoft may - or may not - deem as OK to disclose. Personally, it's not worth the potential loss of my certifications just to tell someone what I saw on the exam. You can choose differently if you don't think you'll get in trouble for it. Doesn't matter to me either way... just looking out for your best interests.

Number of questions, yes. Number of sims... now you're starting to walk into the gray area. The fact that you mention that there are sims at all could be considered a violation.

But ultimately, it wouldn't be me who you'd have to convince of your innocence... it'd be Microsoft.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  13. ryanthelion84

Removed Offensive Language

14. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

How rude, BM is only offering what is very legitimate (and legally correct) advice designed to protect the posters.

Well done on the pass by the way, i know that feeling of dread, even though i have 100% record so far in IT exams, i still have heart pulpitations everytime that screen is loading up.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  15. stolenblessing

stolenblessing Nibble Poster

Hi,

Is it possible to answer questions randomly?

I mean to say that can we postpone answering to question 5, and move to question 6, and then come back to the unanswered questions at the end?

Plz reply.

Regards,

Certifications: CCNA, MCP (70-290)
  16. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

You get to review your answers at the end, and also mark questions you dont answer straight away (ie the ones which will require thought).

Apparently that is not the case with Cisco tests, but thats another message board entirely.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
  17. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Ok its been a good year and half since i took an MS exam but yes you can mark a question then come back to it. Unless MS have changed their policy8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  18. ryanthelion84

In my defense my earlier response was not intended to insult anyone, it was merely an observation of a number of posters and their constant NEED to police their own interpretions of rules laid out by, in this case Microsoft. Yes there is a need to make sure a very helpful, sucessful forum like this is protected as the help and advice on here, particularly from BM is invaluable.

BUT there is not a shred of evidence to suggest bill telling bob how many questions, or in this case how many of a certain type of question appeared in his exam, especially seems as this figure can change so dramtically between candidates, it is a useful gauge sure, but by no means helps someone pass an exam!

If this was against MS policies I am sure that previous threads with the same content (and there have been plenty of late) would have been edited and removed in the same way as my previous post in this thread was...by all means police the black and the white, but not the grey...it annoys people!

Boson - Apologies if I offended you, it was not my intention! I sit my exam this time tomorrow and the advice given by yourself in particular has helped prepare me for it, so thank you! :)

19. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Why take any risks?

In fairness i have read the NDA we all have to agree to and it says not to disclose any detail of the exam, so even if its a piece of info that some people might not think important, they have still agreed with microsoft not to say anything at all.

20. BosonMichael

Interpret it as you will, but you cannot say there is not a shred of evidence:

From the NDA:
    From the FAQ:
    As a result, I don't state that I saw multiple choice, drag and drop, target, build-a-list, simulation, case study, or any other information about an exam... because that's information related to the exam content. The fact that there are these question types reveals information about exam content.

Sure, Microsoft has publicly stated that you can state the number of questions you got, but there's no indication that they allow you to say what TYPE of questions you got.

Before you think that I've gone off the deep end, there is precedent: Cisco doesn't even allow you to state the number of questions you got on the exam: link

The advice I gave on this post is consistent with the advice I regularly give when someone reveals the content of the exam. In this case, I said that the poster should be "careful with the info". If I thought that actual exam content was being posted, I'd have asked that the forum staff remove the content. But... I realize that it only skirts the line of Microsoft's NDA, so I didn't.

You most certainly offended me. How else was I supposed to react when you post the word "anal", and nothing more, in response to my advice? What else *could* have been the intention of your post?!? Were you attempting to shoot me off my perch?

Stating that I give you good advice from one side of your mouth, while calling me "anal" from the other side of your mouth, does little to help. I *know* that the advice I provide is sound, regardless of whether you like what I have to say or not, or whether you agree with what I have to say or not. You can choose to follow it, or you can choose to ignore it. But in neither case should you resort to name calling.

Perhaps next time you can simply say, quite maturely, "Don't you think that you are interpreting the NDA a little too strictly?"