70-290 How Long ?

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by PompeyFC, Dec 12, 2007.

1. PompeyFC

PompeyFC Nibble Poster

Morning All.

How long - for those of you that have taken this exam, did it take you ?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, 70-270, 70-290, Network+
    WIP: Windows 7
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I havent done this, but you will probably get answers like this, study untill you know the concepts fully then you will do ok.

Some people can study something for a day and pass the exam some people can take 2 years or more. Just study and take practice tests until you are comfortable with the material to take the exams.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

About 2 hours.:twisted:

Maybe not the answer you want to hear but you should study with hands on until you are confident with all the requirements for the exam. I don't know how long it will take you but it took me about 3 months. There are many factors that decide how quickly you pick up the information. Mine are definately different to yours so you shouldn't try to compare how long you should take based on someone else's experience.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. PompeyFC

PompeyFC Nibble Poster

sorry did not make myself clear - how long did it take you to do the exam ? It says 4 hours when booking

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, 70-270, 70-290, Network+
    WIP: Windows 7
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

It took me about two and a half hours.:blink

BosonMichael could probably do it in 1.:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Four hours is a lot of time but I would not rush through it either. I think for me highest two and half hours with taking plenty of my time to read and re-read through each question depending on the length of the question.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

is that 1 hour or 1 minute :p:onthePC

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Suck-ups, both of you! :p Thank you for the flattery. :)

Anyone here who is a Christian-hater should look away for a second:

...I give all the glory to God. What I have comes from Him.

Okay... y'all can all come back now. 8)

I don't remember how long it took me to do the 70-290 exam... but I usually take my time and read through the questions carefully. Reading quickly can cause you to answer incorrectly... missing a single word can change the entire point of the question. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I hate spending too much time on an exam, thus I get in and out as quick as possible
    I don't ever review questions other than the ones I mark for review, I always second guess myself, and I know well enough to trust my first instinct :)
    I do however take my time answering them the first time (often double taking the question just to be sure), that said on 40 question exam I often spend less than a minute per question on average (I started out when that's all you HAD on each question, so that training has never waned even though we now have half a day to do 40 questions!)

it's a four hour exam? are you kidding me? thought it was 2.5 tops :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  10. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

this sounds like me, i either know the answer or dont, i read the question twice then pick an answer. i dont go back, i mark a few for review but not more than about 5 and just go through the exam pretty fast

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  11. Pabs

Pabs Bit Poster

I've got the 70-290 exam on 9th Jan :blink

Hopefully I'll do ok - kinda just booked it in as work were paying for it just before they made me redundant :(

Anyway - what is the allowed time for this exam? Is it 2.5 or 4 hours? And how many questions (on average) is it? Is it the same as 70-270/271/272 which were around 60 ish? Or is it much longer?

TIA

Certifications: MEng, MCDST, MCSA, CCA
    WIP: ITILv3, CCENT, MCTS
  12. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Took me about 45 minutes I think.

Like Phoenix, once I've answered a question, that's it, I never review. I ensure I take the time and effort over it the first time.

Apart from the 70-291 (the beast), I've finished all my exams in under an hour, well under in some cases. A+, N+, 70-270, 70-290.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  13. Toasty

Toasty Byte Poster

Hi,

When I took exam about 2 years ago, the time was 215 minutes and I had 44 questions 4 of which were sims.

I finished in just over an hour and a half.

Regards

Toasty

Happy New to everyone

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA