70-290: Effective Permissions

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Monkish, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Monkish

Monkish Bit Poster

In chapter 6, exercise 3, of the MCSA/MCSE 2nd Edition, there's an activity that deals with effective permissions. The idea is that you should be able to display the effective permission for several users from based on a previous activity. I've looked at this thing a few times but can't figure out why it's not displaying correctly. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experiences, or am I likely doing somewhat wrong. If it's the latter, I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Certifications: A+, Net+, Security+
    WIP: MCSE
  2. xmojo

xmojo Nibble Poster

What do you mean by "not displaying correctly"? Do you mean that the users' permissions displayed are not what the exercise says they should be? If this is the case, perhaps you did a previous exercise wrong, which may have affected the results for this particular exercise.

3. Monkish

Monkish Bit Poster

What I mean by not displaying correctly is that the permissions are not matching up with answer key on page 6-28.

Certifications: A+, Net+, Security+
    WIP: MCSE