70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by ally_uk, Jan 17, 2009.

1. ally_uk

ally_uk Nibble Poster

Hi People

I'm 23 years old been in the I.T game for four years now and ive decided it's time to get some qualifications as I have reached the stage in my job where things are really stale and I want to learn some new stuff in my spare time and to progress career wise.

The First Cert I am looking to go for first is MCDST, I am going to start off with the 70-271. I spent two years supporting a Windows XP Environment and feel ok going for the MCDST straight away.

Resource wise I have the official Microsoft 70-271 book and I have ordered a DVD CBT nuggets off Ebay which contains videos on both MCDST Exams.

Do you guys have the structure of the actual things I need to know for the exam?

Secondly slight confusion, I was reading the 70-271 book and it mentions unattended installation of XP and Anwser files, Do you need to know how to setup both for the exam?

Many Thanks

I havent set myself a time frame to get MCDST, just going to study and reach when I feel 100% ready.

2. dwhyte85

dwhyte85 Nibble Poster

Hello,

Full rundown can be found here, all that is expected to be in your head, understood and put in to practice!

You will need to know it, it's the second box down on the link above - but, you may be lucky and not get it in the exam - not really an option to hope for that though!

Certifications: Bsc. Comp Sci, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, CCENT, MBCS
    WIP: ICND 2, CEH and converting MCSA to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
  3. systempsyche

systempsyche Nibble Poster

Me too, I just started studying for this exam using the ms press book which comes with accompanying CDs and 15% off voucher:D. Seems quite in depth and hoping to complete within a month. Good luck to you too on this.

Certifications: A+, network+, server+, mcdst, mcp, ccent
    WIP: mac integration, ACSP, ACTC