70-270 Virtual PC lab setup help?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by b2051758, Sep 12, 2011.

1. b2051758

b2051758 Bit Poster

Hi there,

As part of my hnd networking course I have to do the 70-270 and complete all the tasks in the lab manual and record them for the tutor to see. What we have at the college are two virtual pc's one server 2003, and one xp pro networked together which we can use to do the labs on. I'm wanting to duplicate this at home and just needing some help and advice if that's possible.

I have access to MSDN and have downloaded and installed server 2003 standard and xp pro in virtual pc. What I want to do now is get them networked together but I'm unsure how to do this and could do with a point in the right direction. Also does it matter what version of 2003 I need to use ( certain service packs?) and also what version of virtual pc ( currently using virtual pc 2007 free)?

What I've noticed on the college virtual machines is that you can turn them off and delete changes and have them start back up to a predefined state. I currently cant see those options in my virtual pc and so assuming any changes I make will be permanent and committed to disk? Is there anyway once I've set up the lab to have this option as well and restart to a clean lab when I need to?

Thanks for any info

Tom