70-270 on Monday - Will I be ok?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by mad_maxx, Oct 2, 2008.

1. mad_maxx

mad_maxx Bit Poster

Hi there,

I've spent the last four weeks preparing for the 70-270 Certification. I have watched the CBT Nuggets for this exam, read through the Sybex book, completing the exercises and questions as I went along, and taken one of the Sybex test exams. I scored 88% for the Sybex exam, however I have purchased the Transcender practice questions for this exam and have not done quite so well.

I did one block of 10 questions and scored 71%, did another block of 10 and scored 60 :cry: and then did a block of 12 and scored 100%.

Although I read through the Sybex book very thoroughly, little facts such as what an acceptable level of page file usage would be (pages/sec) escape me, though I understand the concepts behind them and the implications.

I don't think I'll have time to re-read the whole Sybex book, though will look up certain key facts and try to remember them. I'll also be reading the exam cram book.

I basically have two days worth of revision/practice before my exam. Should I cancel/reschedule to a later date, or rely on the transcenders to bring my scores up?

Regards

MaX

Certifications: MCSE:Messaging
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

On the transcender questions there are usually some links to technet etc. that will give you more info on the question. Might be worth checking some of them out.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

I did this exam a few weeks ago, it is a walk in the park for sure, lol. I used the sybex book and MS press book, i found the sybex book good and made areas easier to understand. I also found that the sybex book didn't really cove a few section as well as the MS press book.

I can't tell you if you should reschedule or not. Do you feel confident?:biggrin

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  4. mad_maxx

mad_maxx Bit Poster

I don't think I'll bother rescheduling.

I just did a mock test exam and scored 82% which I'm quite please with. Ideally I'd like to get as close to 100% as possible.

Would those of you who've used Transcender to practice for the exam say that it is as difficult as the actual exam.

Is there a % pass mark in the exam, or is it purely adaptive?

Certifications: MCSE:Messaging
  5. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

The pass mark is 700, but not all the answers you give in the exam are counted towards the exam. So you can't really work out the percentage.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

In some cases I have found the transcender questions to be slightly more difficult than the actual exam.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs