70-270 Lab by Zimbo!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by zimbo, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

As requested by moominboy i decided to help out guys with getting up the lab for 70-270... if anyone has question or anything ask away! ill be back in a while but have a look at this guide:

Lab Setup [courtesy: http://northonline.northseattle.edu/ ]

its more or less everything you need for the server eg DHCP,DNS and Active Directory...

Also included as a ZIP file is the answer files for XP clients :biggrin

to get these to work put the winnt for Comp 1 onto a floppy just before the text-mode screen of XP installation starts and its an unattended installation file!
    If you need for more clients (XP) just use the revalant answer file so you dont end up with conflicts...

I cant remember correctly but i have my lab now getting IP's from DHCP so if you need help with that just shout!

Good Luck!

PS thanks to trip who originally found this pdf for me! :clap :alc

Attached Files:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

cheers again zimbo! another superb bit of help! :clap :thumbleft

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Just so it doesn't get lost, I decided to pin it at the top of this forum. Good job, zimbo. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

No probs guys! moominboy what setup are we looking at so far?

5. zenboy

zenboy Bit Poster

Zimbo, I would suggest that you take down the link to the labsetup pdf file that you posted to avoid infringement...posting copyright material on the Net without permissions is illegal. Please uphold and support this site for legality sake.

6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Zimbo didn't post the material on the Net, they did. It's a link to a freely available website.

If anyone is at fault for it not being password protected then they are.

Whilst it remains on open webspace then I'd say that the link is valid, as I didn't see any mention of it only being accessable to students on their course.

JMO. 8)

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Zenboy - the only way CF or Zimbo are at fault is for not giving the courtesy of quoting the source of the original material. As Zimbo's original post of the link was not picked up on as being from another site, then it falls to CF and ultimately me to accept responsibilty. I have amended Zimbo's post including the source of the pdf.

Do you represent northonline.northseattle.edu ? If so, then please feel free to PM me directly to discuss further.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I guess I have to admit to being a little confused.

All Zimbo did was post a link to another site. How can this possibly be a copyright violation? It's not like he claimed it as his own. It is posted on the originating site with no hint of copyright or author. If anyone is at fault they are. They are the ones posting it with no credit being given to the author.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  9. zenboy

zenboy Bit Poster

I'm not going to bring this discussion into a full-blown issue, but I think that linking to an site that does not have permission to post copyright material makes Certforum (I believe) just as reliable; and not citing the material with credit should be due is just the same. Perhaps Certforum webmaster should look into this to prevent any future lawsuit. The purpose of my post was to bring awareness to this issue to any posters. I am just a regular common reader like you all and am not in any position of authority...just a concerned member. If this issue is not valid, please feel free to move on to other subject(s). I do not wish to bring any disruption to site/forum...just have concerning thought about this.

10. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hey, you are entitled to raise your opinions, zenboy - just like any of our Members. Bear in mind I answered your post in the capacity of Administrator for CertForums which means if you want to speak to those in charge, you already are.

northonline.northseattle.edu are an educational institute (you may not obtain a .edu domain otherwise). One would think it would be fair to assume that they take the necessary checks regarding the materials they post on their website prior to posting. Where do you feel that they are in breach of copyright of the material thay have on their site ?

Code:
     [b][font=Times New Roman,Times][color=#663366]This is North Seattle Community College's Northonline server.[/color][/font][/b] 
    [b][font=Times New Roman,Times][color=#663366]This server contains many of N.S.C.C.'s online class websites[/color][/font][/b] 
    [b][font=Times New Roman,Times][color=#663366]as well as specific programs.[/color][/font][/b] 

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  11. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

:unsure err sorry if i may explain myself here too... Trip googled for me a couple of months ago and came up with this although he didnt test it i did and it worked out great. Yes it looks like a MS style tutorial but its not it was written my the college guys (although i cant confirm this) if any rules were broken i apologize to all and if the link is going to cause harm to the site then please remove it. You can just google this pdf so i dont know what its breaking any copyrights?

Thanks
    Zimbo

12. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I don't think you have anything to worry about or apologise for. I think some people like to get on their high horses for attention sometimes.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  13. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Cheers modey! :biggrin

14. zenboy

zenboy Bit Poster

That was uncalled for :x All I did was raised concern about an issue that might need attention to avoid having this site shut down. I have spoken with the admin of this site and everything came to an understanding. I'm not posting to raise hell or trying to be an attention getter (as you can see that I don't post much here at this site; however, I do come here occasions to get some info for my study). To take a cheap shot at me when the admin at this site had put an end to this posting so times ago, is pretty low. If there were issues that might concern everyone on this site, then we all have a right to voice our opinion and be respectfully discuss about it. Take the issue of braindump postings (which this issue is not about, but nevertheless should be discussed due to legally), we all discuss about this issue and have a general understanding that braindump posting devalue the site hosting it. If one does not have a right to discuss about this issue, then please do take my membership off this site. I would rather feel like I have the right to discuss about various issues than be ostracized.

15. zenboy

zenboy Bit Poster

Zimbo, I think you have contribute greatly to all of us (especially me) for this site. I hope that you don't think of me as someone nitpicking...just a member with concerning thought.

16. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Diddums.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  17. zenboy

zenboy Bit Poster

Modey, it just comes to show how much class you have. :wtf:

18. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

guys come on... this thread is pinned.. for this reason if you want to carry on please not here.. i posted this so someone new to MCSE could have a good idea to setup there lab please lets keep it that way.

Thanks!

19. kap061

kap061 New Member

Understood. But the initial link is broken for the pdf. Can someone post a new link? Thanks.

20. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

here you go

EDIT SG: Removed PDF