70-270 Automatic Updates

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by honeymonkey, Mar 28, 2009.

1. honeymonkey

honeymonkey Bit Poster

In XP Professional when setting automatic updates to check and install updates everyday at 3:00am, what happens when the computer is turned off?

Will it automatically run when the computer is turned on?

Thanks All!

Certifications: 10 meter swimming
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  2. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

If you might be thinking, the computer will turn on and dl updates and install them at 3am even if its off..

NO :biggrin

Aha, you probably didn't think that, but, I think it will just download them when you next turn it on.

Pending sort of thing.

EDIT: But if this is regarding 70-270 cert, don't worry about something like that, if it doesn't say anything about it in the book, honestly don't worry about it.

Good luck! :biggrin

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: None, but learning SEO/SEM
  3. honeymonkey

honeymonkey Bit Poster

I've always wondered about it when setting up automatic updates but never really followed it up. As I was reading about it in my 70-270 book I thought it would have been covered but guess not.

99% of BIOS's allow you to configure for the PC to turn on at a time you specify.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Certifications: 10 meter swimming
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

It will auto run next time you start. If you want confirmation click the "How does Automatic Updates work" link in the Automatic Updates tab on sys props. It's in the FAQ iirc.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job