680 Exam failed

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by romeospadre, Feb 12, 2014.

1. romeospadre

romeospadre Bit Poster

I failed the 680 exam about 3 weeks ago and just wanted to add my thoughts about my experience, this site has helped me so I thought i'd give a little bit back

The 680 is my first Microsoft Exam and thought this would be a good one to get under the belt or so the saying goes as we are now using Windows 7 at work more and more as XP starts winding down. I firstly have to say I failed with a score of 650.... the exam was a lot harder than I expected ( i used the professor messer vids and the Don Poulton book ) ... no excuses but here are my thoughts - Was told there is a questionnaire at the end of the exam ( this exam contained one at the start and at the end ) I was in the zone and have this at the start of the exam did pi** me off, first several questions have the same scenario so you repeatedly are reading the same question over and over, played on my mind as your trying to remember your cram. We were supplied ear defenders and ear buds due to office noise (again no excuse and didn't find either option too comfortable ) ...... if you are use to the CompTIA exams (like me) then this is a lot different where the answers for several questions are in a column and you need to move answers from column A to B and then place them in the correct order. I found the material in the books and videos to be really good but DON'T rely on this to be enough, you need real world experience and do the virtual labs.
    Not sure if I will re visit this exam as I lost alot of heart after failing especailly have scored so poorly with the amount of work and sacrifice that went in. As many have said before what does to cert mean if you don't have a real world grasp of what you are doing and although we use Windows 7 we don't use all the features that the exam covers ( Applocker , Remote servers using RD Gateways, BranchCache , etc )

Hopefully this will help someone looking to take the exam and prepare them more than me.

Thanks for reading ......

Romeospadre

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70 - 270 For MCSA + MCTS 70 - 680