48 hours

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Feb 5, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Actually, she's really glad she did it *and* she's glad it's over. She had a blast but she has also missed home and family. It was a good experience for the most part but we were told to expect some emotional ups and downs. Sure enough, about halfway through her stay, she crashed emotionally and just broke down in front of her band club.

After that, it got better again. She's had amazing adventures...most of which she hasn't even had a chance to tell us about. She was treated well by everyone from what she says and made friends from all over the world, not just Japan. Her best "mate" is a girl from Canada. Who knows...it might be possible for them to get together on this side of the Pacific at some point.

She confirms that it is extremely expensive in Japan. One DVD move would cost over $30 US. About the only thing that is relatively cheap is cigarettes. Her host father (like many Japanese men) smoked like a chimney. Jamie is allergic to cigarette smoke and gets migranes. That's one of the few things she says she's not going to miss. :P

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Glad to hear it Jim, I smoke like a chimney myself and we smokers are a dying bread :eek: Apparently only 20% of Australians smoke and I think they are all involved in IT in some or other way :biggrin

You can't smoke on beaches here or within 5 metres of a public building. I think people are over reacting and being unfair to those of us that choose to smoke. There is no law here regarding car exhaust emissions, no CATs, so the kids all have huge beefy mufflers spewing out all kinds of nasty chemicals (not to mention the noise) but that is fine. So long as you don't smoke near the drivers :blink

I grew up with people smoking all around me and I hated it, I didn't start smoking until I was 35, just when most other people chose to stop. Now those same people that smoked all over me are preventing me from getting my own back :cry:

It is like prohibition all over again lol

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

:blink

Certifications: A+ and Network+