2nd Week - Followup

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Recksaw, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Recksaw

Recksaw New Member

Follow-up of the following thread: http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread25781.html

Just wanted to update you guys and tell you that the decision you helped me with was a great one. I love my new job, and work with a great bunch of people. There are about 20~ employees so it is a friendly environment and everyone knows your name. Working with a few of my good friends is awesome, the days go by really quick. It is so different having a job you like vs one you don't. I only worked 5 hours a day at my other job, but it felt like 12. Here 10 hours feels like 4 hours. The opportunities laid out for me make accomplishment feel awesome.

The other job offer that I turned down, the interviewer emailed me and asked if I could get him in contact with career services at my school. He was impressed with my skills so much that he wants to find someone just like me:). In the email he mentioned that I was the #1 applicant out of 76 others, it was really impressive and made my day.

I passed my first cert, the 70-270, with a 873. I am now MCP certified8). My 290 is scheduled for next week, I heard they are very similar so I should have no problem. I guess Ill try to keep knocking them out and climbing up the pay ladder.

Thanks for all your help and Ill be keeping in touch. You guys made the decision that much easier.

2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new role and sounds interesting just from reading your post. Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations on the chosen job and the good words from the other employer. 8)

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sounds like you struck gold! And congrats on your cert as well!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!