2nd Interview?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Dave_unemployed, May 29, 2010.

1. Dave_unemployed

Dave_unemployed Nibble Poster

So what can one expect from a 2nd interview at the place where you potentially gonna be based?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP and MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Well usually the second interview is technical to test your knowledge, etc... they will ask you questions and give you scenarios and ask you to give them your best answer.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Or in cases where I have had 2nd interviews it's with other people and it was exactly the same format as the first one.

If you have a second interview I would ask the agency to confirm what kind of format the interview will take ie a technical test or simply interviewed by other people.

Whenever I have had second interviews (not often, infact the current job interview took 5 minutes on the phone and I was hired at the end of the call) it's always been to meet with other people I would be working with (a face fits type interview).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. Dave_unemployed

Dave_unemployed Nibble Poster

I see...

The feed back i got from the first interview was very good and HR manager really like me. Looks like it will be with the IT manager next...

I do lack the technical skills since i only started a few months back. Well see what happens, interview is on friday.

The worse is i don't get the job.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP and MCDST
    WIP: 70-680