294 and 293 passed!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Fluid, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

Hi lads i managed to pass my 294 and 293 during this week w000000000000t im so ****ing happy :)

294 Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
    293 Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure

These are all the MS certs i have: 294 293 291 290 270 and im hoping to do the following during the next two weeks: 298+228+229

That would make me MCSE + MCDBA :) and yes before anyone says anything i found a job at last! My first 1st line support job and suprising the pay is AMAZING for someone at my age :P I havent told my work that i have passed any MS certs :P not yet anyway iv decided to wait till an internal position for 2nd line support comes up and then suprise them. Im hoping to do the following exams soon, has anyone got any tips or advice on them?

MCTS in Exchange (70-236) and MCTS in Windows Vista (70-620)
    MCDST then upgrade to MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
    and possibly upgrade MCDBA to MCITP: Database Administrator
    and aslo MCTS: Deploying and Maintaining Windows Vista Client and 2007 Microsoft Office System Desktops

Id just like to mention one or two things. First thing id like to thank everyone at certforums for helping me achive this, i could have not ever done it without the help of you guys or without your guidance!!

Also another thing at the begining of this year i came on here and i told people im hoping to achive my MCP, MCSA, MCSE and MCDBA by the end of this year and everyone just turned around a critisized me and laguhed at me id like to say one thing to them IN YOUR FACE!

Sorry for poor spelling bare lazy!

2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass dude. I am just curious, people really criticized you?

I would think they just wanted to share their opinion on the subject matter. After all whats the point of having an MCSA or MCSE if the individual does not have any experience. Not trying to criticize you, just curious because in all the time I've been here I see people giving their own experienced opinions to help others, not to put them down.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Prof's dead-on accurate with his assessment of the situation.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. nicolinux

nicolinux Byte Poster

Congratulations !!
    Can you tell me something about the 70-293 ? What did you use, how the exam was, etc....I am studying for this exam and is driving me crazy.

Certifications: mcse win2k3, mcts x4. mcitp enterprise admin
    WIP: 70-680
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the passes...

Not sure about the sentiment in the final part of your post... since joining Cert Forums I have been made to feel very welcome. No one has 'laughed in my face' and I am sure that they didn't laugh in yours either.

They may have offered constructive criticism, and that my friend is a wonderful thing. It shows that people care enough to offer advice.

Once again, congrats on the passes... 8)

7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Fluid,

No one is criticizing you, just looking after your best interests. We suggested you stopped doing so many certs and get out there and get real world experience, because employers want experience not just a CV full of certifications.

What is happening with this place this week?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Dunno wiz... You don't think there's a massive solar flare playing havoc with our brainwaves do you? :eek:

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Some people don't like or want constructive criticism; they'd rather just have people agree with them and "cheerlead" for them.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass. It was less than a month ago that you posted having passed the 290 and 291 exams. Care to share with us all how you managed such a feat in such a small amount of time?

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  11. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

iv been studying for them non stop since the begining of the year mate :) didnt work for quite a few months so had ALOT of spare time on my hand

12. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations in the new job as well. Remember your the one that makes the decisions that should count not the opinions of others.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  13. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

Thank you

14. ajs1976

ajs1976 Byte Poster

congrats on the job and the exams.

Certifications: MCSE, CCEA, Sec+, L+, N+
    WIP: 2008, CAG, or CCENT (not sure)
  15. Ritu Sharma

Ritu Sharma New Member

Congratulations!

Ritu Sharma

MOD EDIT SG - Remove link to suspected BD site

16. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Congratulations Fluid, that's quite an achievement, can't say much to the last bit because I wasn't there when it happened. It could be some members here just trying to give you a realistic view on things. let's face how many people here (I BET it's over 100) have posted they wanted to do 5 Certs in 1 Month so they can be on £33K per month??

Tons, tons of people and then they find they can't do it or worse get into debt and can't cope.

But at the end of the day it's all up to you what you do Fluid after all this is just a place where people vent their opinions and advice. 8)

Good luck on the new job and if you do get time and not too pissed off with the people who offended you here maybe you can come back and share your experience and advice8):biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  17. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congrats Fluid. :biggrin

I have a question for you though, how do you think that you company will feel if they believe you have no certs and when a job openning comes up you tell them you now have an MCSE and MCDBA? Do you not think they will be curious as to why you didn't inform them of this before hand? It could even 'force' a job openning in your favour.

8)