293 videos

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by armouredcrack, Nov 18, 2008.

1. armouredcrack

armouredcrack Bit Poster

I have a severe lack of network experience and i am looking to enhance my knowledge not only for the exam but for my career as well. Apart from the practises i do on my own systems at home i don't get any other experience.

Does anyone know where i can get some cheap or free training videos. Not used them before, but people tell me they are really good for learning the exam topics.

Or does anyone know any other way to combat lack of experience.

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Not trying to tow the line, but do you have the level of experience Microsoft recommend with regards to taking the exam, you are now getting into the MCSE track which is more demanding and experience is vital (well thats what im finding so far)?

I must admit I found the 293 to be tougher that the 291, and some of it despite working in relevant roles id not done, mainly because of we used different vendor to achieve similar things, this made it trickier.

The best bet for me is cbt nuggets, i like there style of videos, but they're not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

The other thing you could do to just keep doing the exercises in the mspress books, and also see your local college or testing centre to see if they do any courses (which again may not be cheap).

Good luck.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. armouredcrack

armouredcrack Bit Poster

No i don't have the experience microsoft recommends. Which worried me when i did my MCSA, however i cant seem to get a job which would enhance my knowledge and help me through the MCSE course.

I work on a helpdesk and i don't feel a learn alot. It is mainly a case of log the call and pass it onto the engineer. Which isn't good for me skill wise. I am planning to look for another job after xmas hopeing that my MCSA will secure me a post in a company where i can learn new skills for the MCSE exams, but until then i am planning to get another couple of exams done. As the job i am in just now gives me alot of time to do my course.

Thanks for your advise i will look at the college and training centre option as i have already looked at CBT nuggets which i am sure they are excellent, but i cannot afford them.

What a catch 22 i am in lol :P

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  4. oliness

oliness Bit Poster

You're not gonna find many videos for free. You can search for them but if you want any videos you'll need to pay.

Certifications: A+, Security+, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE