291 anyone

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by dales, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

So then a bump, How it going with the 91.
    Congrats armouredcrack.

I frozen my course, In my day to day I don't seem to use any thing from my study's
    a part from Shutdown -i :blink

2. iRock

iRock Nibble Poster

VMware is definately a great idea. I'm using VMware Workstation which allows me to create "teams" (which a basically different network segments).

This allows me to place one site in each team.
    I have four Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Servers and 2 Clients on Each site.

Works perfect!

Certifications: MCP (270,290), MCTS Vista
    WIP: 291,293,297
  3. steve_f

steve_f Byte Poster

I'm doing 291 on Saturday. I have killed myself studying for it but it's quite enjoyable.

I took last week off work to really get to grips with the labs on VMware, and re-reading the book paying close attention to things I have missed, and things I didn't quite get the first time around.

I have watched the CBTnuggets 3 times now, each time picking up a few new things. I have ripped the videos onto my phone so I watch them on my commute.

I'm not fully sure I will pass, but this is the last date I can get in the year that suits. If it wasn't for the second shot requirement of sitting the first attempt before December 31, I would probably put the exam off until January.

I still need to drill the 100s of RRAS options into my head, along with firming up my IPSEC and security knowledge. I had been dubious about DNS and DHCP but am now quite confident with them, a work colleague who is MCSE helped me a lot with it.

The Measureup question quality isn't great, but it does help pinpoint my weaknesses.

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA 2003+Messaging, MCITP:SA, MCSA 2008, ITIL v3 Foundation, Comptia Server+ 2009, CCA Xenapp 6.5, VCP5-DV
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA, CCSA