290 VS 270

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by techtr0n1c, Dec 2, 2006.

1. techtr0n1c

techtr0n1c Bit Poster

your right i didnt realise. im sorry i mentioned this and its blow up.

thank you to every one for your comments

Leehaa im not offended, i dont offend easily, lifes to short.

i hope my comments have not been offensive to any one and if they have please say so, so that i can appologise.

Certifications: HNC Computer Networking, Network+
    WIP: A+, 70-290, 70-270,CCNA
  2. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

No worries mate, you've learnt something new and, hopefully, you're one less person who will be using brain dumps. Everyone's a winner!:D

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Amen to that. It's all good!!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. gbhpboy

gbhpboy Bit Poster

I have worked in IT for 27 years, and just finished my MCSA, which took 23 months (with 6 months off), near the end.

I work in an IT site mainly supporting NT4 servers, but we have some WIN2K boxes as well.

The age old question is do you get certs as proof you can do a job you are already doing, or do you do them to get a job that you would like to do.

The answer is both, but a very good point was made above, that you really do have to have that piece of paper these days to get interviews (unless your dad owns the company).

The main thing I have been trying to do as I work through these exams is to get loads and loads of hands on practice, with test labs at home, and use CBT's from companies like Train Signal, where at least the people speaking to you have actually done what they are trying to teach you. The at least when you go into the real world of IT, at least your knowledge is not just buried in books, but at the tips pf your fingers.

good luck with your studying.
    Si.

Certifications: MCSA2003(Messaging)