270 simulations?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by dcuk, Feb 1, 2006.

1. dcuk

dcuk Bit Poster

Hi all,

I've just searched this fourm for any details of simulations on the 270 exam and didn't find anything. My question is, does the 270 exam have any simulations at the moment and secondly, how SP2 orientated is it. At the moment I'm going through the MS training kit and picking up a lot of SP2 stuff that wasn't covered in wither my sybex book or que book.

As this is my first exam ever on a computer based format, how close is the exam format in the actual test centre to a revision guide such as Trancender. Also is there any difference between sitting the exam in a prometric or vue test centre, does one give out paper as opposed to wipe clean board.

Sorry about the really trivial questions, but this all quite new to me. The last time I did an exam was 5 years ago and then on paper and as I want to sit this at the end of Feb (after 7 months of study!), I'm getting quite nervous.

thanks
    dc

2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

The Transcenders are good tool for test preparation. The interface is similar but probably a bit flashier than the real thing. The questions are usually as difficult and sometimes more difficult than the real exam but this is not always the case. The questions are not the same as the real exam but they cover the same topics and so they do help highlight your weak areas.

The last few exams I sat at Prometric I was only allowed to take in the silly wipe plastic sheet. I believe VUE allow paper and a pencil but they may have changed their rules since the last time I used them. You should ask if it is important to you!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Hi dcuk,

I took the 70-270 just before xmas and there were no simulation questions on my test. As far as I know there aren't any for the 270. There was also virtually nothing on SP2 that can remember, not even one question I don't think, but that doesn't mean there won't be when you take it.

As for trancender, I find it very close to the exam experience (assuming you pick the exam experience setting in the program). I think transcender is one of the best revision tools of all and I really swear by it. Also one of the questions on the exam I got was almost identical to the trancender one but just worded a little differently. Unfortunatley it was one of the easy questions and not a hard one. :)

As for pens etc.. I have only tested at VUE thus far and it's been a whiteboard & felt tip pen each time so far.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

The Prometric centre that I've used in the past was a white sheet thingy and pen.

:biggrin

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

umm when we talk of Sp2 ther could be questions the firewall setting within security centre... i did my exam on tuesday at prometric and was given paper and pen to work on... i gave my cents worth for the exam in a review posted HERE

Good luck! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I think I did get a question on firewalls at some point, but no knowledge of SP2 was needed to pass it. The answer was the same as it would have been no matter the SP level.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  7. dcuk

dcuk Bit Poster

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm quite surprised that SP2 isn't emphasised in the exam given that the new training kit covers SP2 in some depth. This is also tricky as the ICF has now converted to "firewall"and if I recall ICMP echo is now disabled, also you cant run winnt32.exe /cmdcons on SP2 updated XP pro. Surely MS should either update the exam or state in the book that only SP1 is covered in the exam.

I'm at the point now where I can detect the two possible correct answers very quickly, but tend to fixate on which one microsoft Believe to be correct, unfortunately I haven't been brainwashed just yet!

dcuk