2274 Managing a Microsoft Server 2003 Envirmoment books and courseware

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by MILLWALLFC, Feb 28, 2005.

1. MILLWALLFC

MILLWALLFC Bit Poster

Hi all

I have started this course, its for 5 days then in a months time i do Maintaining a Microsoft 2003 server. The book they have given us on the course is

Microsoft Official Course, Managing a Microsoft Server 2003 Envirmoment 2274b. However i ahve also been reading before the course a sybex book which has so much more detail in.

Can anyone recommend a decent book that will also help me pass the exam, im hoping to take in 6 weeks time.

2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Well, I'd say anything but the course material. I've found the courses good for showing you round and familiarising you with the products but they come nowhere near preparing you for an MS exam. I haven't done this exam but if I were I'd go for the MS Press book, only because I don't particularly like the Sybex style. Horses for courses, I know other people will tell you they hate the MS Press books.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. MILLWALLFC

MILLWALLFC Bit Poster

Nice one thanks for the suggestion, we look into them, may get the MS Press if i dont like always get another.

4. Loopy

Loopy Bit Poster

I would definitely recommend the 70-290 Syngress book and the exam cram's for this paper as the lay out is so much better than the microsoft press book. I also used the Trancender exams to practice questions. Good luck!

Certifications: MCP 70-270
    WIP: MCSA Windows Server 2003