1st message, Hi and a wee bit about how i got here

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by j1mgg, Jul 22, 2009.

1. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

Hi All,

This is my first post here and i found this forum while doing a small search on google trying to work out what exams i have to do to get an MCSA certificate.

Initially i paid alot of money to a company who were going to provide me the materials to get to ccnp level but i had some problems and fell back on payments so they froze my account for a while(i got back on track after 6 months) then after 2 years they stopped it all. In the fine print there was something about they would only supply tutorials and pay for exams in the first 2 years, so basically 4k down the drain. (I know alot of this is myself to blame).

So i am going it alone and have used the comtia A+ book i got to get that exam passed. I have just bought the new network+ book and am working towards that, but i was needing to know what other exams i need to sit as i believe they have changed fronm the chart i have at home.

I work for a large professional services company as a desktop engineer and live in edinburgh and am 28.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Hi and Welcome to Cert Forums. If you use the search on here unfortunatley you'll find you're not the first and you won't be the last to loose a few grand like that. Still onwards and upwards, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Do you currently do any server administration? If not, you will want to hold up on the MCSA.

In any case, the foundation that you ought to build in preparation for the MCSA consists of the A+, Network+, and MCDST certifications.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!