Microsoft Virtual Academy

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Arroryn, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I know this was announced in this link however I'm not seeing (m)any posts about its use. I've just stumbled across this as a friend who is looking at turning her career to software dev sent it through, and I was ashamed I hadn't seen it!

Currently listening to the course on Server 2012 as I'm doing my 70-410 at the end of May. Anyone else signing up and studying on the VA for longer and got any feedback or tips for other CFizens?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I've been doing MOOC courses from coursera as well as more traditional types of learning, like professional courses, books and CBT's.

Theres a lot of interesting e-learning stuff about at the moment, both profit and non-profit.

Other stuff I looked at was :-

edx
    udacity
    codeschool
    pluralsight

Not looking to join Microsoft Virtual Academy, might watch some Channel9 or Build videos though.

On a professional course next week, hope it goes well. :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

You can't beat the professional courses, it's just that often you can't afford to pay for them either ;) hope all goes well - and thanks for the additional links!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

I registered with MVA a month ago to check out their HTML5 App Development course and I found it to be excellent. My only nitpick is that at times it can get a bit confusing when there are two instructors in the same video. Again just to stress this is me nitpicking. Overall from my experience I have found it to be a great resource.

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect