Yoggie stuff

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by zxspectrum, Aug 31, 2009.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

So ive bought this new type of anti virus which is all contained in a usb stick with its own processor etc, so it doesnt sap my computer. Now i can see that my com is running faster, sometimes when i load a browser window it takes a bit longer but im assuming thats all the checks working etc??

ONe thins it doesnt have, or something that i cant find is a scan tool, just like you would probably have on your antivirus, or just a report would be nice, to say its done a scan and found something etc. I do however have a nice status pic of three things, firewall, malware and ids/ips??

The first 2 are easy, but what is the 3rd one for??? was looking at the status indicator which has green, yellow and red to warn me how many attacks im under etc, and the ids/ips one is way out in front with 720???, or is it just being mellowdramatic???

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

the name of AV is?

3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Ummmm - Yoggie?

:biggrin

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Blimey!

5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

From having a look at the spec of one of these things (could be a different model to yours) it doesn't provide an AV scanner built in, it mainly seems to be a firewall. The one I looked at came with a free years subscription to Kapersky. So it's possible yours is the same and will require you to specifically install a client.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  6. Meshan

Meshan Bit Poster

http://www.yoggie.com/

There are two versions

The gatekeeper and the firestick

The gatekeeper has a built in AV (all bells and whistles) and has been out for about a year, and the firestick that comes with a software version of Kaspersy and is the new product.

Just butting in

Certifications: HCIMA, BIIAM, BSc (Hons),
    WIP: MCITP (70-622)
  7. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Some of you may remeber that i have got one of these yoggie sticks and that ive been having trouble. One of the main problems is that some of my letter keys are being output as numbers. Now after a suggestion from here i thought of system restore, but id already turned that off, so i dont have a restore point, ive tried uninstalling the yoggie and i cant, beacuse the letters are numbers, so i cant type in the admin and user password etc.

The only thing i can think of is try and change the keyboard leyout??? Would this work??? or am i looking at more drastic measures??

BTW, im on windows 7 beta on the same laptop, the problem is on windows vista??, though all the trouble has been since i stuck the yoggie in.

ED

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  8. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Are you sure your FN key isn't stuck? Some laptops do not have the numeric keypad, and in order to get it emulated, they include a function key which held down, lets you type numbers by using 3x3 rows of letters instead.

Maybe you need a specific driver from your laptop manufacturer to fix it... Or have you checked if the BIOS has a setting which disables numlock? On most desktop keyboards, pressing one of the numeric keys will simply move your text point around. By pressing the numlock key, it changes this so that numbers are pressed instead. So I'm thinking your laptop manufactuer may use a trick to "cheat" the machine into using a numeric keypad, but disables this via a software "toggle" when using FN.

Try hooking a remote keyboard to the laptop and typing with that. Does it work now?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM