Yo!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Waqas Ahmed, May 9, 2015.

1. Waqas Ahmed

Waqas Ahmed Nibble Poster

Hey all!

Just thought Id say hi. Nearly a graduate at uni. Wooh! (Though unemployed. Not so wooh )

Certifications: CCNA R&S
    WIP: CCNA ???
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Welcome to Certforums. Glad to have you onboard. What are you studying mate? Any idea on what kind of job you would like to get?

**Edit scratch that apart from the welcome! Just reading your next post that details the aspirations :)

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CertForums, good to see you here.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
    Waqas Ahmed likes this.
  4. Waqas Ahmed

Hey both of you guys! And thanks :)

5. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Welcome to CF

While you are looking for work, i dare say you will be signing on?? Try and get some voluntary work behind you, it will help you when applying for jobs. Though im sure if you tell the DWP that you are doing voluntary work, they will cut your benefits, i cant remember the amount of hours you can do ? So be very careful when explaining that if you go down that route.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  6. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

You know that you've made it when 'The Internet' posts on your forum, well done @SimonV :D

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Apexes, Juelz and Waqas Ahmed like this.
  7. Waqas Ahmed

Hey! And as it's looking likely that I won't have a job just after uni, I'll say that NO. I will not be signing on. I do however have a shite tonne of voluntary work behind me (Also do some moderation on another forum, and perhaps now a society. A VERY high security society.. ). If I'm still unemployed after uni,then I'll probably go for the "proper "certs and not just the ones you get via the uni course as it were!

I have some reasons for not signing on:
    1. I have some cash behind me.
    2. Living with parents is rent free
    3. Id much rather use my time passing certs, than say stacking shelves (Cos the DWP will probably force you to do work like that if you sign on) - though I think it's 20 hours/week??? Which isn't too bad I guess
    4. As much as possible, I'd rather not be a drain on society! :D

Haha lol!! Yah the entire internet is here! :D

8. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hi and welcome, yeah concentrate on certs only if you are in that fourtunate position. Im going to work alot less soon to do just that. I have my first exam booked early next month if I pass it Im going to keep the ball rolling and keep studying and going for certs. When I have all the certs I want Im going to quit my job and do a much stress free job until I fall into IT.

Waqas Ahmed likes this.
  9. Waqas Ahmed

Ahhh fair nuffs. The DWP does work against you if you're TRULY broke tbh (for professional roles that is) which is kinda annoying... but it helps the gov't say x amount of people are employed

And nice! Tbf, it shouldn't take me particularly long to actually get these exams out of the way, considering I've basically already done a course in them. And I've learnt a CCNP grade syllabus. I might have a look in to CCNA data centre!