Yes, I've passed 70-270!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by oliness, Mar 29, 2008.

1. oliness

oliness Bit Poster

Just passed it a few hours ago. Got 842 (out of 1000, pass 700). Am pretty pleased. I really wasn't all that confident going in because I wasn't doing brilliantly on the practice tests. I think the practice tests tend to rely more on obscure facts than the actual exam does (that has been my general experience with certs). For the exam itself studying and learning, while very important, isn't everything because the questions often require you to really think through the situations and decide on the best action. Knowledge alone won't completely cover this. Sorry if that all sounds a bit vague, it was just my experience and I can't give any examples without violating NDA :twisted:

For anybody still working towards it, keep practising and you'll pass. Don't get discouraged if the books and practice exams have lots of details in them and you don't think you can learn it all. The exam is passable, you can do it.

As for me, I've just ordered the study guides and practice tests for the 70-294, on Active Directory. Once I get that under my belt, only 4 exams till I'm an MCSE! :oops:

Certifications: A+, Security+, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yikes... 294? You sure that's the next best one to do? :ohmy

In any case... congrats! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. malik06

malik06 Nibble Poster

Congratulations mate! I hope I score that high.

Can you say shat materials you studied with? I've done 70-271 & 70-272, and now I'm working on 70-270. I decided against the Microsoft Press textbook this time. Did you use it?

Certifications: Network+, MCDST, MCSA
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

well done on pass

7. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass :)

8. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Major congrats! 8)

9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. oliness

oliness Bit Poster

Thanks guys, it's so great the way you congratulate everyone, really means a lot! I used the Sybex textbook, the Que Exam Cram book, the uCertify practice tests (with associated study materials), as well as whatever free stuff I could google on each topic (I didn't use the MS Press one). I was definitely pleasantly surprised with my score, as I didn't do all that well on the practice tests.

I think the 294 is good as I'm using AD a lot at work. Yeah it will be tough, but I promise you all I'll be back soon reporting another pass:p

11. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Congrats m8! :)

Got mine booked for Thursday... can't wait!

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  12. oliness

oliness Bit Poster

Best of luck. If you simply take the time to read through each question and think logically through all the possible answers you will pass it fine. I hope to be congratulating you Thursday evening!