XP Pro Exam-Easy??

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Jaffa, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Jaffa

Jaffa Bit Poster

Hey guy's........
    New to the forum and thought I'd kick of my certforums career with a quick question. How hard\easy is the windows XP exam?? I have spent the last 2 weeks with my head in the Sybex Windows XP Pro study guide which is a good read. I also have downloaded a cram session and have been following up all this reading by using the microsoft resource kit information thats online. I think I'm getting there and am contemplating booking the exam. I've thought about getting hold of a transender exam, however they cost as much as the exam and am reluctant to part with that much money. Any other good materials, test engines you guys think I should look at??

Thanks for any replys

J
    [​IMG]

Certifications: CCNA MCP XP,SVR NT4 WKS, SRV ITIL, ACA
    WIP: MCSA 2003 Security
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Your right Jaffa, they are pricey, but well worth it tho, very like the real deal (tho I did Windows 2000 track, so cant comment too much on XP)Good luck.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Hi Jaffa I'd echo what Gav has said, give the transcenders a try because they'll give you a good indication of what the exam will be like and if you're ready. If you haven't already you could download the demo from the Transcender website.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  4. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi J

Good to see another ITIL Foundation cert here. Good luck with your exam - I found none of the exams easy! The more I did the better I got!

5. mufftak

mufftak Nibble Poster

Hi Jaffa

I did the XP exam in March, it was a liitle harder than I expected. Passed with 810, but there were tough questions...........

Certifications: ITIL 2011,MCSA 2008,MCSA 2003,CEH,Security+,A+,Net+,i-Net+,270,290,291,648,646
  6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi Jaffa

I agree with Sandy, none of the exams are easy, but the Transenders are about as close as you can get!!!

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Lol:!: no offence, but how can we answer this question:
    What makes something hard/difficult?

Or what make's it easy?

The fact is it'll never be easy if you haven't studied it correctly.

People like to label things/exams easy/hard, but that's simply a falsity, rather those definitions are adhered to through your actions in the course of your studies.

Even if I'd taken these exams, I still wouldn't be able to answer your question.

8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Echo Flex - also, we all find the exam differently on the day.

Bottom line, if you have done the preparation for them, and you are ready in your in head, then you should get a pleasant response when you click "End Exam"

HTH :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  9. Jaffa

Jaffa Bit Poster

Cheers guys
    I know what the exams are like (I've taken 2 myself) and just wanted opinions of what people thought about the XP exam.

Ta

Certifications: CCNA MCP XP,SVR NT4 WKS, SRV ITIL, ACA
    WIP: MCSA 2003 Security