xp domain desktop icons

Discussion in 'Software' started by dales, Sep 30, 2006.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all, just a quick question, I've just installed a scanner at work on the local admin account of the computer (we dont get install admin privledges on our domain accounts at work), but when i've set up the scanner all the domain users that log on after me do not have the desktop icons for the scanner apps.
    I have put the icons in the all user desktop profile but that still doesnt produce the icons on anyone elses profile when they logon for the first time. Is there a way that I can put shortcuts into an profile and it will appear on every domain users account who logs on after that?

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Weird what happens if you put something else in the desktop folder for the 'all users' profile? Perhaps put a .txt file in as a test.

If it doesnt show then I would guess there may be a group policy or script that is getting used on the DC. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

is putting the icons in the all user desktop profile correct. actually now you come to mention it the GP thing actually makes sense, but the only thing that is making me wonder is that once you've logged on once to the terminal you can add shortcuts etc however you see fit. weird, Im at work today so I'll see if I can give it a go today.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing