xbox live stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Jun 6, 2010.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Ive got an xbox and i used the live service a lot because my mates are more or less settled down now and very rarely go out these days, so it gives me something to do. Im a big fan of modern warfare2 but over the past few weeks ive become very frustrated with some of the people who i meet on xbox. Im not talking about the people who declare that they have done my mum, or the ones who want to kick the living crap out of me because they are hard sitting behind a mic and a net connection, these are easy to deal with.

The people that wind me up are the ones who cheat so far ive come across 3 types, there are boosters, lag switch users and modded pads users.

Now i wrote a complaint to microsoft explaining what goes on and their response was to tell me that xbox live was a self policing enviroment and they then said i should avoid them through the feedback settings. Basiclly the whole thing was something like a press release statement, which has got me even more annoyed. Im annoyed that they dont take this serious at all and try and fob me off with this crap reply. So does anyone have any ideas on what i should od, im seriously considering getting rid of the xbox and getting a ps3, as if im going to use a network where people can cheat, at least im not having to pay for it.

Is there anynone else i could write too or do you think its a lost cause??

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

How about not using the service? There's no law against cheating on a video game, if the owner of the system does not see fit to do anything about it (and thats not technically true, things do happen to deal with it, but not all the time), then theres nothing you can really do about it. Its not like you can phone Scotland Yard and have them march up to M$' door demanding action.

If it really bugs you, beyond the point where simply using the feedback settings provided by M$ is not sufficient, then vote with your feet. They will take a serious decline in subscriber numbers as a kick in the arse to do something about it (if enough people decide its enough of a problem to leave)

p.s. - is "stuff" your favourite word?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Yep stuff is my favourite word how did you guess lol, its a bad habit im trying to get out of, though i only seem to do it when im on here??

I understand people cheat, but i dont have to like it and i suppose the fact im paying for a service where i should expect a certain standard, and the fact they really didnt take my complaint seriously enough?? I think my subscription is due for renewal in august so maybe then ill decide what to do. How bad is the ps3 network im only going off rumours here??

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Unfortunately, although im reasonably sure that cheating is against the T&C's of MSLive, the enforcement of such is up to MS to pursue. The problem here, is that MS are relying on buy-in to keep things running. Too many people have a 360 now, and have a network of friends on MSLive. That means that switching to another network, such as PSN requires either a mass agreement amongst friends, or losing the contact with said friends and starting anew.

Not to mention that people become attached to playing their games online, games that are not necessarily available on rival networks.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

If you can't beat em, join em. I don't believe in cheating myself but if you feel strongly enough against the people who do it, why not figure out how to do it and target others you see doing it. Either that or get so bad ass its as if you are cheating. Thats how I go about it, get so good everyone hates me ha ha

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. rockstar6181

rockstar6181 Byte Poster

I play FIFA 10 online a lot - I am quite good at it and often get people quit on me - I have had to sandbag matches and keep the score sometimes close otherwise they quit by half time. I came up against one person who was beating me and he went 2 - 0 nil up - I pulled it back to 2-1, then suddnely the match started lagging like crazy which made it virtually unplayable.

The best thing to do is join forums/groups where you set up games with known keen players who dont cheat and avoid the random matches.

Certifications: A/N+ MCSA 2003
  7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi Rockstar6181,

I have the ps3 as well as the fifia 10 game which am trying to get into as am serious football fan both virtually and physically on the field. If you don't pm me your ps3 forum tag so that I can join in if you own the ps3. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
    Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  8. rockstar6181

rockstar6181 Byte Poster

I have a 360 mate otherwise I would have given you a beating, I mean game :)

Certifications: A/N+ MCSA 2003
  9. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Thanks for the feedback and no worries:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell