xbox 360

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by arisen, Nov 29, 2005.

1. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

Anyone played the 360 yet? I had a go at the call of duty 2 demo the other day...it's stunning! Great graphics, played it on a samsung 26" HD lcd tv, brilliant.

I'm quite miffed that i didn't pre order one now :( Will have to wait till 2006 by all accounts.

Certifications: BEng, PRINCE2, ITIL, Net+
    WIP: MSc, Linux+ 2009, RHCE
  2. binbox

binbox Nibble Poster

apparently there's a problem with it over heating. Some guys from the U.S. were talking about it on xbox live the other night

WIP: A+ N+ SECURITY+ SERVER+
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'm not a gamer but I found just about a ton of articles on the web in the past few days about how this thing is just hosed. :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

personally can't wait for the ps3 to come out, gorgeous looks and kick-ass technology!

sweet! :tongue

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Bad link Gav.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Both good here when tested again, Si....:hhhmmm

Anyhow, my travelling buddy is right now standing in a queue for the midnight release at our nearest 24 Tesco. He is already an xbox fiend, so I have my fingers crossed for him - and that the bad hype doesn't materialise .....:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

People who pre-ordered the 360 are now making a killing on ebay, average £100-£150 profit... :blink

9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

tbf trip i would ignore the articles you read unless you know the tech, because there will always be one camp over pimping the product, and one camp bitchign about it in every respect

I saw the Call of duty demo, cant say it looked more impressive than my PC, it has no AA, graphics are still blocky, youd need a HDTV to get the best out of it anyway
    i mean wtf

my pc runs pretty sweet at 1600x1200 with 4xAA and all the other shabangs!
    never did understand the love with paying money for an inferior gaming rig *shrugs*

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  10. binbox

binbox Nibble Poster

All you poor people like me who can't afford a 360 but have the old xbox can get all the functionality without the cost with XBMC as a dashboard. You can stream media from your PC using your HD or share your DVD drive to play anything on disk even DVD+r that it won't normally read. (DVD's,VCD's,DIVX,WMA's the list is endless). With the linksbok integrated version you have an internet browser, you can log on to itunes web radio, or use the scripts for other web sites to download movie and music clips, weather, TV Guide, even pr0n, as well as call minder for your phone line.
    And to top it all off why pay for xbox live when you have integrated x-link kia which lets you use your modded box to play all system link enabled games with 100,000's of other users world wide and still use your mic. Oh yes and it even has a browser enabled page that lets you remotely control your xbox from your PC or PC from your XBOX.
    And it makes the tea

XBMC PIMPED EDITION
    and this one to register for Kia.
    X-LInk Kia Evolution

I have been using this for a very long time and it just gets better, new build every week with new functions and great support from the forums.
    SEE YOU ALL THERE

WIP: A+ N+ SECURITY+ SERVER+
  11. Percula

Percula Bit Poster

Stupid Amazon say that my 'pre-order' now won't be coming until Feb 21st!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x

Certifications: None!
  12. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

Shocking! Not what you'd expect from amazon.