www.ciwcourse.co.uk/

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by philngems, Jul 12, 2007.

1. philngems

philngems Bit Poster

Check this site out. This guy has finished the course but didnt do exams for medical reasons. I have been in contact with him about the course.

Hope this helps.

Slight concern.. his site looks a bit basic..hope i can do better when i finish:eek:

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

What site? :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. philngems

philngems Bit Poster

4. greenbrucelee

Are you sture that was the guy you spoke to who did that web, because if it is he didnt learn much.

Second you said he didnt take the exams for a medical condition, it must be quite serious for him not to take them

5. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Check this out, i would expect crossbrowsing to be covered in the course. Simple mistakes such as & instead of &

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  6. greenbrucelee

errrrrrrrrrrrrr, that looks bad.

7. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Bloody ell!.....hope this fella's gonna pull his soaks up if he's gonna make it as a web designer. I haven't even passed my site designer exam yet...but still could have done a better site then that. Don't like slagging people off though, i know we all need to start somewhere? but there's way to many errors in the mark-up for anyone to claim they are a master designer. It's either laziness or the course he did was shite!!!
    Probably the latter......don't see why folks don't just buy the course modules off the ciw web site. You get everything you need and it's more than half the price.? ( a lot more! )

Certifications: CIW Professional
  8. philngems

philngems Bit Poster

i have no idea what his ilness is.. but i agree with the site its very poor.. He did tell me he does do free lance work..i dont think i would pay for that...

if your doing wthe ciw skills train then he is good to talk..:D

9. greenbrucelee

I am not doing CIW but I know for a fact I could do better than that web site, I would not pay for a site from that bloke.

10. philngems

philngems Bit Poster

me neither.. i am not at the point of desinging a site but once i am there i know my sites will be great..well ok.. ok better then his..:rolleyes:

11. greenbrucelee

I am not a site designer either but I could do site better than that just writing HTML.

12. thecatsmother

thecatsmother Byte Poster

I think the problem with web design is that you can teach the markup and the tools, but if you don't have a sense of "design" you're not going to make it as a web designer. I know the site in question, and I believe from one of his other sites that the chap suffers from MS which is why he didn't sit the exams. Some of the markup he uses was acceptable till relatively recently, so perhaps he built the site when it was still valid. I know there's one of the sites I do for a friend which I need to go back and rebuild from the ground up as a lot of the code is deprecated. That aside, I wouldn't pay for a site which looked like that.

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager