Writing 290 soon

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Spice_Weasel, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Spice_Weasel

Spice_Weasel Kilobyte Poster

Hello all,

I intend to write 70-290 soon, one step closer to my MCSA/MCSE. I've checked out the excellent 70-290 review by zimbo, and checked out posts in the forums here.

I've gone through Microsoft's exam information, and I'm checking out the Partners website now for anything it might have regarding 70-290. If any forummers have any study suggestions or preparation ideas for the exam that would be great ;)

Thanks,

Spice_Weasel

Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA-ER, JNCIS-ER,MCP
    WIP: CCIE
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I find the MS Press self paced kit books very good. :)

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

You might want to consider at least downloading Transcenders demo (usually about 10 questions) if not pay for the whole package. I have found them to be invaluable in preparing for M$oft exams. They not only help you to identify any possible weak areas but they also help prepare you for the tricky way that the questions can be worded.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Japanese Elvis

Japanese Elvis Nibble Poster

You can also get a free study guide from Cramsession.

They're not desperately comprehensive, but worth looking at anyway. You have to register, but it is free.

cramsession 290 notes

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCSA Server 2003
    WIP: Get a job?
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Windows Server 2003 Inside Out from MS Press is a very good reference book i used.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. Spice_Weasel

Spice_Weasel Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for the help! I'll download all the sample practice questions I can find and check out the MS press titles.

My job is primarily working on routers, but it is a requirement that all staff work towards their MCSE, hence my studying. I wrote 70-270, and 10 years ago wrote the win95 and NT exams, but haven't worked on MS servers since NT4.0, so I want to be sure and prepare well for the exam.

Thanks again for the help!

Spice_Weasel

Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA-ER, JNCIS-ER,MCP
    WIP: CCIE
  7. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Oh then you better play alot with Active Directory maybe invest in a book that will give you more indepth info.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics