Wow - Just played with the new Intel iMac

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bluerinse, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

A non-IT savvy friend has just bought a new computer, he rang me and said it was an iMac. Sheesh I thought, why oh why would he do that :blink

However, I got to play with it yesterday for a while and I have to say I am impressed. Not only is it one cool looking piece of kit with it's white 20" widescreen monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse but it is sleek, no wires as the guts of the thing are all built into the 2" deep monitor.

Using the GUI is a tad strange at first but one soon gets used to it. The graphics are amazing, the GUI is very futuristic. The clarity and resolution of the LCD monitor is outstanding.

I also found the numerous packaged applications to be powerful and interesting to use. Lots of stuff to play with out of the box.

This is a product which will appeal to those that like innovative design and have plenty of spare cash.

If you get the chance, check it out and have a play yourself.

here is a link..

Edit: expired link to spam removed :p

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  2. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

:spam

:twisted:

by the way, bluerinse, that link doesn't work. :dry

3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

lol yes I suppose it is spam but all I was trying to do is to give a heads up that it's far better than I imagined, especially going from past experiences with Macs

I will remove the offending link :rolleyes:

4. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

i had my tongue firmly in cheek, but i assume you knew that. so don't remove the link on my account, aside from the fact that it was dead.
    personally i wouldn't want to be caught dead with an apple product, but that's a matter of taste and preference, i guess. i do slightly get why people like ipods and imacs and what have you, but it's just not my thing.

5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I knew that you were joshing, so no worries d. The link had timed out, so not much point in leaving it there. :biggrin

6. Slam

Slam Bit Poster

http://onmac.net/

Not sure if you've seen the above link before, but its worth checking out.

7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Thanks Slam, I got absorbed into that link for quite some time :D