Would their be any benefit for me to join linkdin?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

As I'm not in a professional type of job? I'm looking for Helpdesk jobs at the moment not sure if it has any benefits in terms of advertising myself?

*There

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Recruiters tend to search it, so it couldn't hurt.

Jaron78 and Guvnor like this.
  3. Guvnor

Guvnor Nibble Poster

A very underrated and unused tool if I'm honest.

Go for it, at the end of the day getting a job is all about selling yourself in the best way you can, so utilise whatever tools you can for that.

Jaron78 likes this.
  4. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

To be honest mate, Yes.
    You can put that your working towards certifications, explain that your looking for a role.

You will get requests from Recruitment agents etc.

My current role was because a recruitment agent saw me on Linked In.

Guvnor likes this.
  5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Ah get yourself on it and add me mate. I'll happily be your first friend :boogie:

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Jaron78 likes this.
  6. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

I take second if you like? Have quite a few recruitment agents on mine.

JK2447 and Guvnor like this.
  7. krrishone

krrishone Bit Poster

I highly recommend joining LinkedIn even if there is not much to add to your IT job history at present. Lot of companies have presence on it and are actively headhunting for people in various sectors and levels. Its also a good place to browse through other people's profiles to check their career path history.

8. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Yeah I'd definitely join LinkedIn. As a manager I always use it to review people that have applied for my roles and have used it to post job opportunities / target individuals with roles. It also gives you a 'professional' social media account online that gives you the opportunity to sell your skills and join interest groups.

I can see it being used more and more for recruitment and so could be a way in for you to find an IT role.

9. mstechfreak

mstechfreak New Member

Well, I think it is definitel worth to join Linkedin. It has even helped myself - I have received offers I wouldn't have received any other way. But it is very important to really try to build a normal looking profile, so you would be taken seriously.