World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by swpflix, Jan 23, 2008.

1. swpflix

swpflix New Member

Anyone else enjoy that nerdiest of the nerdy, World of Warcraft?

lvl70 Gnome Mage on the Argent Dawn EU server here. POM Pyro, full S1 and 1 part of S3.

Also levelling a Priest to 60 so I can go old-school pre-TBC raiding again =D

And ye?

Certifications: The ability to impress.
    WIP: MCDST, A+
  2. antr

antr Bit Poster

I did play Lvl 60 priest on draenor server till PC faults got in the way.

There aren't any games im interested in atm so mainly play PS2 but i can't wait for the release of WAR that is hopefully going to be a great game :)

Certifications: n/a :(
    WIP: MCDST, A+
  3. Hades

Hades Nibble Poster

Nope never played WoW, personally was more attracted to Everquest and spent 4 years wandering around that place, much to the annoyance of the wife :twisted:

But currently i am 70 Days clean of my Everquest addiction.. and counting :biggrin

Saying that my shiney PS3 nicely filled that gaming void :lol:

Certifications: City & Guilds Diploma in ICT level 2+3
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I got bored of it after two hours my mate used to be totally addicted to it, in his words its computer smack :lol:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Can't bring myself to pay monthly for something when I've got perfectly good games sitting on the shelf just waiting to be played. I'm sure I'd enjoy it... I just can't justify the cost.

Besides... it'd take away from my TQ addiction. :eek:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

played on and off since UK launch
    dont play anymore though, the expansion was kind of lame after you have been enjoying 40 person raids every weekend!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

My other half and I played every night for about a year I'd say. Each had one level 70, and several other lower level characters.

After a while though, we got bored to tears with it. It was the same thing over and over again.

Actually, I've been finding this with all the new games at the moment too, they are all too samey. Nothing is really innovative. Instead I've gone back (as I always do) to Jagged Alliance 2. Great game, even if its only at 800x600, and looks a little blocky on my 19 inch monitor. I just love the entire concept of that game. Went out and bought it on sunday, downloaded from the site. Unfortunately I didnt get a key with it, so still waiting to play it.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I also never really played the game the closest to the game I ever got was warcraft which I didn't really enjoy. However Starcraft on the other hand I played around for quite a bit.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Guild Wars is/was the game for me... buy the game upfront, play online with your mates, kill lots of baddies, kill your mates (metaphorically speaking of course...), and no monthly fee.

However, it did get boring leveling characters up, hoarding gold and ectos and other 'goodies', and I have not played for many months. That said, the new Guild Wars 2 is due out sometime this year and I believe that it looks quite tasty... so I may just have to have a look... 8)

10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Thanks for the recommendation! Will look into it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

I have a 64 NE hunter on a PVP server. Haven't played in about 3 months and I didn't renew the subscription.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  12. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I've got quite a few characters at the moment, stopped playing due to some computer problems, will start to play it again later in the year.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009