worker outwits foreman

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by farmer, Jan 11, 2007.

1. farmer

farmer Byte Poster

An Italian man wants a job, but the foreman won't hire him until he passes a little math test. "Here's your first question," the foreman said. Without using numbers, represent the number 9."

"Without numbers?" the Italian says, "Data easy." and he proceeds to draw three trees.

"What's this?" the boss asks.

"Ave you got no brain? Tree and tree and tree makea nine," says the Italian.
    "Fair enough," says the boss. "Here's your second question. Use the same rules, but this time the number is 99."

The Italian stares into space for a while, then picks up the picture that he has just drawn and makes a smudge on each tree. "Ere you go."

The boss scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?"

"Each of da trees isa dirty now. So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, and dirty tree. Dat is 99."

The boss is getting worried that he's going to actually have to hire this Italian, so he says, "All right, last question. Same rules again, but represent the number 100."

The Italian stares into space some more, then he picks up the picture again and makes a little mark at the base of each tree and says, "Ere you go. One hundred."

The boss looks at the attempt. "You must be nuts if you think that represents a hundred!"

The Italian leans forward and points to the marks at the base of each tree and says, "A little doga came along and crapa by eacha tree. So now you gota dirty tree and a turd, dirty tree and a turd, and dirty tree and a turd, data makea one hundred. So, when I start work?

Certifications: C&G level 2, ECDL, IC3, MOS
    WIP: city and guilds level3 , a+
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

:clap I like it!

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Classic! :biggrin

4. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Thats class :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

is this some new form of Political correctness i was unaware of? this joke has NEVER been based on an italian! lol
    classic yes, but makes far more sense when the correct nationality is used :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Reminds me of my favorite nationality-based-building-site-joke.

An Italian (?) an Irishman and a Chinaman are employed on a building site.
    The foreman takes them to a huge pile of sand and points at the Irishman.

'You do the digging.'

Then he points at the Italian.

'You do the sweeping.'

Then the Chinaman.

'And you organise the supplies.'

At the end of the day he returns to find the sand untouched and the Italian and Irishman sitting nearby.

'What the hell!' he cries.
    'I told you to do the digging and you to do the sweeping! Why is this sand still here?'

The Irishman says.

'Well, the thing is, I don't have a shovel and my friend here doesn't have a broom. That China fella was supposed to organise the supplies and we haven't seen him all day.'

'RIGHT!' fumes the foreman, and just as he is about to storm off, the Chinaman leaps out from behind the pile of sand and shouts:

'SUPPLIES!'

The joke of course being that you wouldn't hire an Italian.

:biggrin :blink :oops: JK.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

That is very good :)

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685