WooHoo, finished my PTLLS

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

For those that don't know, PTLLS is required for if you (the trainer) deliver any LSC-funded training.

Anyway, I did the level 4 with Concept Academies , which I found to be very good. My work has passed the tutor and internal verifier inspection, today it's going through the external verifier, so finger crossed - it should sail through.

I did the course over a two week period, could have taken longer but I wanted it over and done with. It was heavy going with the amount of work required by Edexcel, but provided you buckle down it is achievable within a fortnight.

Now looking at maybe the new NVQ assessor qualification, the A1. I want to diversify: IT, Management, now training :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well done Ken.
    I started PTLLS a few weeks ago as the council are hinting that they are going to make it a requirement.
    I've had to drop out though due to a fairly major career change and I can't spare the evenings any more.

Funny isn't it that no matter how many classroom hours you have, you turn into a mumbling idiot when presenting a session to your classmates?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Kitkatninja

Thanks mate :)

So true :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  4. Gogs

Gogs Bit Poster

I did it last year for the same reasons and it's quite a bit of information overload and we did it in 5 days. What I found funny was we had some people on ours that had "proper" teacher training but were absolutely pants on their presentations. But yes it is quite intimidating presenting to colleagues, especially those who have been training for a fair few years. Looking towards CTLLS now. Yikes

PS. Ken, you can change your WIP now mate :biggrin

Certifications: in Signature
    WIP: MCITP: Server Administrator (646) , Security+
  5. applejack

applejack New Member

Well done! I did it few months ago myself.

6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. Kitkatninja

Got an e-mail through this morning (well it was sent last night), that my work passed the external verifier inspection. Next step is receiving the cert :)

-Ken

9. Concept Academies

Concept Academies New Member

Ken,

Glad to hear you enjoyed the course - it was very fast paced to say the least!! But you all got there eventually and are now one step further towards achieving your career goals. Well done to you for working so hard and producing excellent results!!

JonnyMX - have you considered continuing with your PTLLS study through online learning? We do this, and it is very popular for people that cannot commit to a normal classroom course. Take a look at our website to see if it can work for you.

See you on your Assessors course Ken!! :)

Anthony

10. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Well done Ken, another string to your bow mate

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Thanks for the offer, Concept.
    But the main reason I'm dropping out is that my new job has nothing to do with 'teaching'.
    Which I'm quite happy about...

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD