WOO-HOO! I have a Scheidegger Certificate

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by dee1810, May 17, 2006.

1. dee1810

dee1810 Byte Poster

Gather round, Gather round.. yes, A Scheidegger Certificate (SkillsTrain) can be achieved. OK, it did take longer than the speel stated.. but, I have looked after a new born baby, whilst reading my course folders.. :rolleyes:

I now have the pleasure of revising for the good old CIW exams this summer..... oh, did I mention that, I have returned to work as Management Information Systems Officer. Despite being a stay at home mum for three years... :eek:

Anyway, it should be interesting how I am going to squeeze this revision time into my hectic schedule.. but It must be done...

I shall be back in the Autumn, with MORE proof that Scheidegger can work for some of us.

Certifications: Foundations, Site Designer & JavaScript
    WIP: Server Admin, and Perl
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the cert and the baby! :cheers :alc so you going to sit the proper CIW exams now?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well done Dee!
    Sounds like you are ahead of the competition!

What exactly is a Scheidegger certificate?
    What do you have to pass to get one?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. dee1810

dee1810 Byte Poster

Opps.. That wasn't supposed to go on a separate topic...

Jonny- You once gave me some good advice about the V Site Designer going live.. remember?

Anyway, as I have mentioned before, I am doing CIW Website Design Manager which involves 5 exams. people have often said "Is the Scheidegger Certificate recognizable" on this forum.. It is not a recognized certificate, it is the Completed Successfully certificate that Scheidegger give their students at the end of their courses.

The hard part is sitting the national CIW exams... like Site Designer..which I believe that you know all about.

5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Yes, I remeber.

But don't tell anyone - it's a secret between you and me!

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. dee1810

dee1810 Byte Poster

Hi Zimbo

Just to catch up.. is the new job still great... oh, and the baby has just started nursery... hmmmm.. he is 3 now.. that is what I mean about how long it can take to do a course at home...

7. CAMBA

CAMBA New Member

Hiya,

congratulations with so many successes, baby. work, study.
    I am new to this forum and looking urgent for some help.
    Me, like you in some way, baby, career and looking new horizons for work.
    I am doing the CIW but got stock in TMA 11 revision supplement. I really don't have a sense on it. Perl was not part of my idea of study, and even if I try, not a chance :cry:
    do you still have this part, pleeeease, yes I am begging for help. I managed to do the question 1 and 2 but not 3 and 4.
    If you could help me, will be great & much appreciated !
    I can't believe that this silly revision is stopping me of finishing the CIW.
    cheers
    camba

8. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

CAMBA: If you "start a new thread" with this question, you will have more luck. Also, if you figure out what, exectly, it is you dont understand, i will give you some pointers.

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)