Wireless router for NTL

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Sparky, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Years ago I installed a cable modem for my bro as he is currently with NTL. The modem has been changed to a USB type also with a RJ45 port (the original one was replaced by NTL a few months ago).

Anyways he now needs a new router that supports wireless and also a switch as he is going to replace the PC next to the cable modem and also buy a laptop with an inbuilt wireless card as well. Big upgrade for him as the current PC is running Windows 98. :ohmy

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to purchase? Ideally I want to keep the NTL modem and patch it into a router that has an inbuilt switch and has wireless capability.

Thanks in advance! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

There are several of these on the market, from both well-known names and 'far-eastern anonymous' names. Unless you want to pay silly money there isn't much to choose between them.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

we use D-Link AP in the work must say never had a problem with it

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)