wireless Lan help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Johnd76, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

I have just installed Windows 7 on my Acer travelmate 2200, i then installed my drivers and everyone one worked appart from the Wireless Lan, has anyone else had this problem and what did they do to fix it :rolleyes:

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  2. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

You'll need to find out if the Wireless manufacturer has released a driver for windows 7. Presumably the one you are using doesn't.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

From the name that sounds like a pretty old laptop. We have some Travelmate 2300's here gathering dust, and they are really old! The point being, you may not be able to get drivers that are compatible with the WLAN card given it will also likely be an old card.

You may have to bite the bullet and buy a more up to date USB or PCMCIA wireless adapter.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

I think your right, had a look on the Acer website and there was no drivers for this.

Bit of a shame but he ho :(

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing