<Windowsroot>\system\hal.dll. problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by snyder5, Jan 15, 2005.

1. snyder5

snyder5 New Member

Please can someone help me with my computer. The error <Windowsroot>system\hal.dll. comes up when starting. I have had my computer fixed plenty of times before and would like to know how to fix this myself to save money i don't have..lol I have a compaq computer that came with windows 98, i installed windows xp professional about a year and a half ago. :eek: I tryed rebooting and reinstalling the windows but nothing is working, i don't care if i lose my info on computer as long as i get it back up again. I am currenly using my laptop to get help. thank you very much and hope someone can help me in this delema.

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hello again. I googled your error message and found the answer to your question answered in detail at:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

Kellys Korner is a pretty handy place for finding the answer to many commonly reoccuring Windows issues. I think this one should fix you up. I'm out the door, otherwise, I'd describe the process myself.

Let us know if this doesn't work for you or you need more assistance. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Nice find, Trip :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Thanks. Google is your friend. :biggrin

5. snyder5

snyder5 New Member

I want to thank u, i am going to the site now. I appreciate the respons. I will be back if i need any other Q's. thank u again

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

No worries, snyder. Glad we could help.