Windows XP Professional

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alex Wright, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get Microsoft Windows XP Professional relatively cheaply. I've just started my self study and was shocked to see that my computer (Which is extremely modern) will require quite a bit of additional software.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

:)

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

OEM price might help:

http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...rchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=11027

Also you get a time limited version with the 70-270 MS book, handy if you want to pick up a MCP cert after the A+ 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Sparky,

Thanks that's a great help. I was quoted for more than twice that amount earlier today much to my amazement. I'll keep fishing around to see if I can get it cheaper still though!! :D

Al

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

No probs mate, you might have to purchase a hardware component to get the OEM price though.

You also have the option of buying the upgrade version of XP as well. Not as crisp as buying the full version but if you do a clean install of your existing OS and then run the upgrade you should have a decent install :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Sparky, you have always been able to do a clean install with an OS upgrade CD, well since Win95 that is.

The only difference apart from the fact that it may be cheaper, is that you need the media (CD) from a previous version of windows. You will get prompted during the clean install to insert the old media and then the install will progress as usual.

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)