Windows server 2008

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by talljay, Jul 11, 2011.

1. talljay

talljay New Member

After some advice I have started my career in IT now and am working at a university in their it dpt and have started revising for my next exam configuring windows 2008 server 70-640, i have bought the ms book and some dvds but unfortunately the book simply runs you thru setting up 2008 and therefore you need a 2008 server disk - i have been on the ms website to see if there is anyway of trialing the software but the download seems to just be an upgrade and not the actual server 2008 - it goes thru the AD configuring etc. - is there anyway of me downloading simulation software or do you simply have to go and buy the disk itself - how did everybody else do it ???? thanks very much for your help...

2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

You should be able to download a trial of server 2008 from here :-

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Windows Server 2008 Enterprise

There are also VHD versions available of 2k8 R2 from here :-

Windows Server 2008 R2 Evaluation Free 180-Day Trial

Usually the MS press versions of the books for the exams come with a 180day trial disc as well.

Can't your dept give you access to any software? If they wan't you to progress, it's in there own interest.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada