Windows server 2003 books

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Johnd76, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

I dont know if this is in the correct Place, but here goes......could anyone give me ideas on the best books to purchase on Windows Server 2003, i am currently trying to get my MCDST certification and i would like to know more about servers and how they work and set up etc......

Any help would be great!!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

well I shouldnt worry too much about how servers work for the MCDST cause that exam mostly centers around workgroup environments, but if you really want to get a headstart then first get the exam cram book for the 290 exam. It's fairly short and too the point so you wont get bogged down in too much detail.

Of course if/when you get to that exam you will need at least another couple of books to get through it.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I have the MCSA/MCSE training pack, which covers 70-290/291/293/294 exams, which are good for server learning/revision, most people say the sybex books are good as well (I had some for NT MCSE a few years ago, pretty useful resources although didnt use them for exam revision),

The good thing about the mspress books is they have examples to work through, and there are 2 sections where ive not had much experience (mainly due to everywhere i worked using various products for remote access other than ms lol) but have experience in on the whole, so its just a case of looking how MS does it (if ya catch my drift), they also come with 30 day server 2003 trials so you can whack that on VMware.
    The MSpress books also come with 15% off exam vouchers as well ;)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  4. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Thanks guy for repying, Im using MSpress books at the moment so i might go for them

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing