Windows Calendar Question

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by simongrahamuk, Oct 23, 2007.

1. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Guy's I know that you can share out a Windows Calendar so that other people can subscribe to it or view it, but can you create a shared calendar that multiple people can edit, and be subscribed to it to get the latest version?

I did some looking around, but couldn't really find a definitive answer.

Don't make me have to go and test it..........:rolleyes:

8)

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Not that I know of... it wasn't meant to be a replacement for Exchange or Outlook, which can do those sort of things...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hi Si,

I know you can have a calendar where multiple people can edit the entries, but I'm not sure of the notification side of things.

We have a Public Folders section in our Outlook view; this contains what we refer to as 'central contacts' and 'central diaries'.

If you are the owner of these (which I assume you will be) you can assign owners, editors, authors, publishing authors, and all sorts of nondescript permissions, using the GAL from within Exchange.

Let me know if this is what you want to do, and I'll try and think of more detail...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Thanks Arro, but I was referring to Windows Calendar which is part of Vista. As far as I'm aware it is not integrated with Outlook / Exchange Calendars. 8)

5. BosonMichael

Outlook/Exchange is not Windows Calendar, Arro: linkage :wink:

EDIT: SGUK beat me to it! :D

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

You're both rubbish :tongue:

I read Calendar, I think Outlook and Exchange. Don't taint me with your Vista rubbish :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  7. BosonMichael

Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies. :ninja