Windows 7 release date

Discussion in 'Software' started by supernova, Sep 22, 2009.

1. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Windows 7 release date is 22nd of October , does this also include manufactures ?

friend of the family wants to buy a laptop and i told them to wait for the sake of a month to get windows 7 preloaded rather than get vista and wait for a upgrade (as i would only have to find the time again to go round and install it).

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  2. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Manufacturers already have it and are building their systems and images right now. they simply can't sell it until the 22nd, so expect laptops and desktops to start shipping on the 22nd onwards. I should expect a lot of suppliers will begin selling products with windows 7 installed right on that day.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  3. LordMoolyBap

LordMoolyBap Nibble Poster

We have been blessed with the full version already as part of our MSDN developers licence. Really enjoying it.
    Looking forward to getting a copy for home.

Certifications: HND (Comp) MBCS
    WIP: Msc Intelligent Systems
  4. supernova

I know that manufacturers have had the RTM for months, what i didnt know is if the oem (preinstalled) and retail releases coincided when offered to the general public, which you have answered.

Thanks

5. supernova

have RTM with Technet too. I used to have MSDN level 3 upto 96 but i am no-longer a developer (thank god)
    Anyway, obviously that doesn't help a third party.

6. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Did you mean weeks? The RTM was released to OEM's etc.. on August 6th. We got it on our software assurance agreement on the 7th.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  7. supernova

Nope

Major OEMs were given the RTM around July 24th. ISVs and IHVs had to wait until August 6th for the same code

8. Torrix

Torrix Bit Poster

Most companies are offering vista pro installed with a free upgrade to 7 when its released on the 22nd.

Just read about "Ultimate 7” can see up to 196gb of memory compared to the basic at 3.5gb and premium at 16gb.

196gig woooow. lol

WIP: MSTS & MSPD
  9. supernova

yeah I know. I didn't want to do that, thats why i said,

it would mean i would go there to set up the system and have to go back again to install windows 7 as they are not computer literate, its a long way, i am doing it for nothing and i am very busy at the moment.

Anyway they are happy to wait.